Thursday, May 23, 2013

Russian Rubix

Once I finish a project what better thing to do then start 1 or 2 more.
Yup I have started 2 new projects.
Project #1

 This will be a Russian Rubix quilt for my bed.
I have been  hording saving a few of my favorite sweetwater layer cakes.
Sunkissed, Noteworthy &
Lucy's crab shack.
I wanted my quilt to be more scrappy looking.
substituting layer cakes for fat quarters should to it.

Now I just need to pick a background fabric.
Likely an Ecru.
I see fabric shopping in my future.

Did you notice my very perfect orange template?
OMG I am in love.
A friend bought a new toy that is perfect for cutting out quilting templates.
He was even able to print the lines on it.
Super cool!
Next time he will be able to make a few gritty parts to help it not slip on the fabric.
Did I say it he was a friend?
I am thinking he is my new bff!!

Richard is interested in creating a side business so if you would like a custom quilting template
 I am sure he would love to hear from you.
info@red-designs.com
I should have asked him what he would charge for this fab template,
but I was a little busy wondering how soon I could get my fabric & rotary cutter working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks taking the time to share your thoughts.