Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blogger Quilt Festival

Amy from Amy's Creative Side is hosting a Blogger's Quilt Festival after visiting other's blogs I thought it would be fun to join in.


My submission is my very first Quilt. I made for my wonderful daughter. Started January 2009 and spent 6 weeks working on it. I picked it because of the bees. She is a bee maniac. It is hand appliqued and hand pieced. Since it was my first quilt everything as a learning experience from my first time shopping in a quilt store to every stitch I sewed in it. Thanks to a wonderful quilting book and the tips found all over the net I was able get it done. I just love how it turned out and hope that she will treasure it always.


I had so much fun with the process quilting is now a lifestyle and constant obsession. I have since started my blog after have so much fun and inspration from see what so many others.

9 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful. You did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing for a first quilt ... nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is TOO CUTE! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter will smile everytime she looks at that quilt as it is a happy cheerful quilt and is lovely. Great job. Love Lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is amazing for your first quilt. What wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the quilting and blogging world. Isn't it great to meet people with the same interests from around the world! Your first quilt is amazing!!
    Darlene Gerber
    http://iquiltscarletandgray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice first quilt! It will surely be treasured forever!
    You will find so much inspiration from around the world by visiting quilt blogs! I just started my blog in January and I am addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is SO CUTE! I love the applique and the happy colors in this - perfect for a little girl. I just made my first applique'd quilt about a month ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks taking the time to share your thoughts.