Saturday, June 11, 2011

New Addition

Bee &  I where scoping out the local Thrift Stores
looking for an Umbrella we could use to make this tutorial.
Well as usually is the case we didn't find what we were looking for,
I guess we will have to make another attempt.

However we did find this little beauty!

Isn't she lovely?
This picture doesn't do her justice.
Her serial number tells us she was made Dec 16th, 1941
and is a Singer 66-16.
She has her original manual, a bobbin and 1 foot.
I think Bee is right it will cost more for accessories then for the machine and cabinet.

Once we got her home we found that she runs well and just needs a new belt.
However we have decided that we want to bring her back to her glory days.
Once we get her outside to start the rehab I will get better before and after pictures posted.

1 comment:

  1. This looks identical to the machine I learned to sew on! It was my Mother's and was purchased shortly after she married an moved into her first home which was 1941 ... so it is very likely the same model. Sadly, I do not still have it. Sometime after I moved out on my own, it was moved to the cellar where it was badly water damaged. I remember it as very easy to use and very reliable. Best wishes to your new beauty ... long may she sew ... :) Pat


Thanks taking the time to share your thoughts.