Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Charming Girls Club - July/August list

I am so excited that I was able to join the Charming Girls Club. It isn't too late to join. Part the the club is making a list of Goals for July & August. I am not sure if the 2 months is a good thing or not. I seem to be really ambitious when I have 2 months. I guess it seems like a lot of time when it is stretched out in front of me.

Personal Goals:

1) We have been talking to the kids & thinking it would be fun to have a Family night at the movies. With Sam & Bee both being 20, working and going to college we don't have very much time all together. I figure rangling the kids, Jeff and I together for a movie night will be really fun. Although I am sure that everybody will have a good time this is mostly for me since I just love spending time with the Fam.

2) Mommy & Bee outing. (even when she is 20 she is still my little girl) Maybe we can go to dinner, or shopping, or getting our nails done. I don't care what it is spending time with Bee is one of the joys in my life so have at least 1 outing will be great (she already agreed that we can ge it done)

3) Jeff & I found out the Museums in Balboa Park have a Tuesday Free admission day. Every Tuesday a few of them are free to San Diego residents. So you could go any Tuesday and get into 2 of them. We are going to make it to at least 1 of them in the next 2 months. Maybe more if we are lucky.

4) When we parked and un-loaded the bikes yesterday I noticed that we were at the starting point for the San Diego Rock & Roll Marathon. Somehow that information got us to agree that we would train together and complete the Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon. I completed the 1/2 marathon last year and he completed the full marathon 2007. Neither of us is fast - our goal is just to finish. So the conditioning will have to start. This will be an ongoing goal until the big day June 5, 2011. This is a big commitment and is really going to cut into my sewing time as it gets closer.

Quilting Goals:

1-3) I have 2 quilt tops that need to be basted & quilted for Quilt for Kids. I have also ordered a kit from them and want to get that one completed so I can send all 3 in together.

4) Lizz's new Grandson's quilt. I had made a quilt top for a possible granddaughter but it turns out the baby is a boy. I found the cutest pattern on the Moda Bake Shop. I want to make it with an Animal Alphabet Charm Pack that I have. I just need the "white" fabric and I am ready to start.

5) I am going to make Bee & Me bags from this Moda Bake Shop pattern and a Objects of Desire Honey Bun. They each will have different yardage but will have the same tie. She is my shoe girl so her yardage has the shoes on it.

6) Schnibble Times Two - Nice Day for Maken New Friends. Is that the cutest name? It is the Nice Day pattern with the Maken New Friends Charm pack. I need the yardage & 1 more charm pack that should be arriving any day.

7) Finish My Hexalong Top. I have decided that I am going to see if I can find somebody that is willing to Quilt this one and donate it to a good charity. If you have any ideas let me know!

8) Can there really be an 8th item?! Well this one is just a shopping task. I have promised to make Sam a "long" quilt for the tall boy. He would like the Star Spin Quilt with Black, Blue and Red. So shopping for the fabric is on my list for this month. I don't know if anything else will get done on this one in the next 2 months.

I am tired just reading this list - who signed me up for all this?! Wish me luck and check to back to see how I do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a GREAT idea to get the family together since the kids are older! I may have to copy you on that (smile)! All of your other goals are great, too! Can't wait to see and hear more! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Charming girls club. I felt really tired seeing all my goals too! I'm glad I'm not alone. Good luck - I'm sure you will accomplish most if not all your goals. Especially the movie one - I love movies. What do you think you will go see?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks taking the time to share your thoughts.