Monday, July 5, 2010

Balboa Park Bike ride

Today was a holiday from work for me. We decided that it was a perfect day to take out the beach cruisers. So Jeff put them onto the back of his car and we headed down to Balboa Park. I don't care how many times I go down to the park and it always amazes me. Here are the bikes in front of the Koi pond and Atrium.
This is the view as you cross the bridge over the 163 freeway going into the park.

Here is the view looking over the bridge at the freeway below. I have driven under the bridge countless times but have never crossed it. Today was just a perfect day, the weather was perfect. There where so many people roaming and enjoying the park.
Before we left I finished these 2 quilt tops. I think I will add a small border on each of them and get them quilted for Quilt for Kids. These blocks were made with 2 Snippets Turnover packs and this tutorial. Once I get the quilts completed I will order a Quilts for Kids kit to completed and be companion quilt for each of these.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks taking the time to share your thoughts.