Sunday, May 16, 2010

My new purse

The ladies at The Quilt and Needle had a virtual Sewing Bee this Satuday. Most of us worked on purses or bag of some sort, but everybody was welcome to work on anything they wanted to. I have had this pattern & Me and My Sister Favorites Charm pack for a little while and was a little nervous about the zipper so this sewing bee was just want a needed push into making it. I am loving the way it looks! The flower still needs a button in the middle and the handles need their buttons then it will be complete. I made the handle twice as long as the pattern called for and it hangs just right for me. There was talk about a partner bag swap. That sounds like so much fun! These ladies are so creative and supportive, I feel blessed to have them as my quilting friends.


At work they have started a weekend rotation schedule so today was my first weekend work day in awhile. It was a little sad to give up my Sunday but I guess the extra quilting money will come in handy. I have a few quilt tops that are begging to be sent to the quilter and might just find their way there soon then I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks taking the time to share your thoughts.